Sound Off is a direct-to-DVD 30-minute episode of Anime: Evolution. The plot features many breaking the fourth wall gags. The episode never aired on television due to referencing the fourth wall.
After seeing many errors in the series, Orochimaru calls the animation directors to call what happens and it turns out that the animators have fallen asleep. Due to losing color and line style, Orochimaru decides to go to the Magical Storyboard at the bottom of the screen to change the animation and plot of the series. As the show progressed, they enter into a room where all of the characters since the show's beginning in 2007 appear in hangers as they are stock characters waiting to be used in an episode. When Orochimaru pulled them down, they start to go into chaos in which a wild goose chase happens and suddenly, the record for the soundtrack scratches and when Orochimaru kicks it, everything goes back to normal.
- When Orochimaru used the Magical Storyboard, the episode featured different styles of animation used for the episode:
- Beavis and Butthead: The animation style was animated by Mike Judge, creator of the B&B Show. In the scene, Orochimaru becomes Butt-head and Pepper Jack becomes Beavis.
- South Park: The second scene features the visual style of the Comedy Central series, complete with talking in a quicker-style and the side-characters also had facial expressions commonly used in South Park. Orochimaru becomes Eric Cartman, Pepper Jack becomes Kenny and Chickenbark becomes Stan Marsh. Orochimaru even parodies Eric's catchphrase, "That's it. Boo hoo you guys. Im outta here!!!".
- Space Ghost Coast to Coast: Unlike the rest of the scenes, the event uses stock footage, characters and scenes from the actual CN/Adult-Swin series, Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Orochimaru gets interviewed by Space Ghost and later annoys Zorak. George Lowe and C. Martin Croker reprises their roles.
- Scooby Doo: Titled as "Orochi Dooby-Doo", the show depicts Orochimaru and the Mystery Gang (with their Scooby Doo Where are You animation style) searching for Pepper Jack while investigating the Ghostly Gardener. Kasem returns to voice Shaggy.
- The Simpsons: Animated by Matt Groening, the scene parodies the longest running American animated television series, The Simpsons. Orochimaru is a parody of Homer Simpson and Pepper Jack is Bart Simpson. The episode's plot is similar to the Simpsons' episodes; "Jaws Wired Shut" and "He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs".
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 4Kids Entertainment made the scene. Titled as "Adolescent Deformed Judo Snakes", Orochimaru plays all of the four turtles.
- This is the first episode to have a direct-to-DVD release.