Each "episode" aired during commercial breaks on Nickelodeon, one for each time of the year in Zodiac signs. It was hosted by the SpongeBob SquarePants character Squidward Tentacles, who in the show uses much of the sarcastic and unenthusiastic humor he uses on SpongeBob SquarePants itself, such as ending the show, Squidward would close up with lines such as "You still owe me 5 dollars" and made predictions for the people in the sign of the Zodiac that were somewhat obvious, such as "I predict that within the next year everybody you know will get one year older" and "You will go to sleep 7 times this week".
The Zodiac signs are represented by characters often crudely dressed up to look like the actual sign's animal.
During half-time of the show as of 2010, more episodes are currently in production featuring Zodiac signs of characters in the anime, Fruits Basket.
These are the main lines that are sometimes and always used for the Astrology with Squidward:
- Narrator: And now, Astrology with Squidward.
- Squidward: (plays clarinet) Say happy birthday to (Zodiac's name)
- Squidward: If (some event that involves the viewer), you're probably a (Zodiac's name). From now on, (an order that Squidward gives the viewer)
- Squidward: My prediction for (Zodiac's name) of this common year, (the prediciton).
- Squidward: And that (Zodiac's name) is... (clarinet plays) (Squidward says the character from Fruit Basket's name that represents the Zodiac)
- Squidward: I'm Squidward, your Nicktoon astrologer, reminind you that (Squidward reminds the viewers about something and then he plays the clarinet which ends the cartoon).
The characters that represented the Zodiac:
- Chickenbark: Scorpio
- Squidward: Libra
- Spongebob: Sagittaurus
- George: Tauras
- Mitch: Cancer
- Fishquack: Pisces
- Aelita: Gemnei
- Thud: Virgo
- Kimba: Leo (ironic that Kimba's Japanese name is Leo)
- Kyo: Cat
- Yuki: Rat
- Kagura: Boar
- Kisa: Tiger
- Hiro: Sheep
- Akito: Zodiac God
- Shigure: Dog
- Ayame: Snake